YahClick from Vox Telecom is a cutting-edge, Ka-band , satellite internet service that delivers reliable, high-speed internet connectivity to users in areas with limited or no internet access, at costs comparable to current terrestrial services.
YahClick Satellite Internet, is available in a range of packages that suit any environment and user segment, right from basic internet access for home users through to high speed service plans for corporate users. YahClick Satellite Internet offers unlimited uploads and it’s also quick to install, which means that you no longer need to wait weeks for installation or put up with poor signal and cable theft.
The need for affordable, reliable connectivity is higher than ever and our YahClick Satellite Internet product will ensure that Satellite Internet is a viable option for any South African.
HOW SATELLITE HOTSPOT SOLUTIONS WORK
YahClick works just like satellite TV (e.g. DStv) and operates according to the same technology; namely, a satellite in orbit that communicates with the mini dish outside your home at lightning fast speeds. In other words, you require both a Data package and CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) aka satellite dish and modem/router.
YahClick technology maximizes spectral efficiency through frequency re-use. While this sounds rather technical, it means that YahClick can provide high power, concentrated beams targeted over specific areas with high market potential. The ability to re-use frequencies in different locations enables greater efficiency in the use of the frequency spectrum.
The stronger satellite signals require smaller dish sizes and ultimately bring down costs to subscribers. Vox Telecom is the South African service partner and will be offering a variety of YahClick Satellite Internet Service plans and value added products.
- High speed internet connection almost anywhere in South Africa
- Quick installation times
- Completely independent of traditional connection mediums such as ADSL and GSM/3G
- Unlimited uploads (not counted as part of the monthly data allowance)
- Unlimited downloads during the Free Zone (01h00 – 06h00) for consumer and business packages
- Service plans with a ‘V’ in the name deliver ‘Prioritized Voice Channels – ‘special treatment’ to ensure VoIP call quality which enables you to make telephone calls via your Satellite Internet connection.
- Additional data can be added and packages adjusted in the user-friendly YahClick customer zone
- Static IP addresses on selective business packages.
- FAP (Fair Access Policy) applies to the majority of the packages. Once data threshold has been reached, download speeds are throttled until in green zone again.
- FAP Tokens: YahClick provides subscribers the ability to restore the speed of their service package by activating a Fair Access Policy (FAP) Reset Token.
- Latency: One-way latency via the satellite and back to South Africa is around 400ms, which means it’s good enough for running voice without the latency getting in the way – most people don’t even notice it. Should two customers, both behind Yahclick call each other, the one-way latency is around 700m